TIPS TO GAIN MASS
Here some tips to gain mass:
1. If you just started the gym, choose full body workout or upper body / lower body gym routines, leave weider routines for professional bodybuildders. If you do fullbody already, just swap to weider or try a strength rontine instead.
2. VARIATION is the key! Change exercises, number of sets, reps, recovery time, tempo.. so you give a new and different stimulus to your muscle. you give it a reason to grow.
3. Train hard, train intense, if you don’t give a stimulus to the muscle it won’t grow. INTENSITY is key #2
4. Do compound exercises where you involve as many muscles as you can so your hormones will be pleased.
5. The key to hyperthrophy is INTENSITY & VARIAETY.
6. Make sure you rest properly, taking a 7 to 8 hours (min) of sleeping is a must so your muscles can recover and you’ll grow.
7. The crucial bit in here is… NUTRITION! (what you eat).
8. The main difference between a definition program and bulking up is the amount of carbohydrates / fats consumed. For instance when you are trying to put weight on you should increase the amount of carbohydrates and decrease the amount of fats.
9. Make sure you eat around 2grs of protein x kg of body weight (that means if you weight 70kg, you shoul take 140grs of protein). Go for real food and take supplements only when is needed.
10. Work out the total amount of calories you need per day regarding to your weight, age, sex and dairy activity (use Harris Benedict formula) then add 100 calories every week until you have reached 500 calories.
11. Eat a full range of food (go for real food): carbohydrates, fiber, fats, protein, vitamins and minerals.
12. Spread out the calories and the macronutrients between the number of meals you have in a day. Remember that if you are eating a bif amount of calories you could have 5-6 meals or even more.
13. The most important meals are breakfast, pre workout and post workout meals, if I have to pick 2, I’ll say pre and post workout so try and have most of your calories around these 2.
14. Eat 0,5grs of high glycemic index carbohydrates x kg of body weigth after training with high quality protein (if you weight 70kgs you should take 35 grs of carbohydates = 2 small bananas).
15. To add more calories: try homemade sauces, nuts, olive oil or any other healthy oil, blend your food if you find difficult to have it (as it’s a big amount of food).
16. Choose caloric foodstuff, blue fish better than white. Pasta has generally more carbohydrates than rice.
17. We all love bulking up as eating is a pleasure, enjoy it but be careful. Take a cheat meal once in a while (remember “24hourbalance”).
18. Train hard, eat healthy & sleep well.
Hope you achieve your goals my friend.
Be a better you (“,)