It’s been quite a lot since I am having this PANCAKE as a breakfast, anytime I have got the time to make it, I do not doubt and cook it!
Why? Well, basically for two reasons: 1, it’s a well balanced meal that provide all macronutrients we need and 2, it’s super tasty, I love it!
This is the VEGAN version that I am having at the moment, but at the end of this post, I will give you a couple of alternatives if you want to make the original version with ingredients not suitable for vegan people.
1 smashed banana
1,5 tbsp pre hydrated flax seeds
40ml of water
1 tts cacao powder (optional)
1 tbsp of peanut butter (optional)
Fruit to taste: mix of berries / papaya / mango / any fruit you fancy (around 3 handful)
Nuts to taste (around 1/2 handful)
Cinnamon and/or cacao powder
1. Smash the banana on a plate.
2. Add pre hydrated flax seeds (it’s recommended to leave them in water for minimun 2 hours before but this is not mandatory, 15-20min could work too)
3. Add cacao / peanut butter (if required. Cacao for a chcolate taste and it’s true that using peanut butter you get a much better mix, and also a better taste)
4. Add oats
5. Add water (if needed, it depends of your mix and the quantity od ingredientes) and mix all together with a spoon.
6. Place the mixture in the pre-heated oven and bake for about 15min until it’s cooked.
7. Take it out of the oven, add fruit, nuts and cinnamon to taste.
Keep in mind that you can adjust the quantity of the ingredients to make sure you have the right amount of carbohydrates, protein and fats. So you can choose the amount of oats and/or nuts according to your nutritional needs.
The original version of this pancake uses 2 full eggs instead of flax seeds. You may also put 1 tbsp of low fat Greek yogurt to make the pancake softer.